Saturday, February 19, 2011

BSU around the World...Summer Updates!!

Summer.

During Finals Week, one often wishes for summer vacation to arrive quickly, just so we can enjoy some serenity and have a moments peace.

Of course, what ends up happening seems like a scene out of Recess:

But more like this:
If you ARE anything like me, you spent most of the summer working, lounging around, and watching David Tutera and Cake Boss marathons on WE and TLC. 

BUT, more likely you were like these bunch of our members, exploring the country/world and generally doing more exciting things:

OLIVIA
"pictures :)
from man vs. food road trip with my friend Stephanie Hassel. We visited Brett Clark!
and my birthday"
Olivia with Stephanie, I assume...
...and Brett
Olivia turns 20
Aww, congrats!
SARAH

This recently graduated BSU alumnae just accepted her first job! I will be serving in a year long position as an Economic Research Project Coordinator at Sonoma County Economic Development Board in Santa Rosa, CA. I just bought a car and will be heading out on Sunday to become a California Girl! My job starts on July 15th.  My leadership and experience with the Black Student Union were certainly one of my strengths as an applicant and one of the reasons I was hired!  I will let you know how the job is going and of course I plan to visit Whitman sometime next year!

Best,


Sarah
We're proud of you, Sarah, and thrilled that you are doing well!

NICK 

Demonstrating the epitome of summer. No words are necessary: we know he had fun.


' Hope your summer was amazing!

BSU

0 comments: